Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Road to Hana

For the most part, the road to Hana was wonderful. We enjoyed many beautiful scenes and we drove today. We also enjoy some fabulous food along the way. My favorite was some coconut ice cream completely dairy free - made with coconut milk. It was SO delicious! We also enjoyed great smoothies and fresh banana bread! The views along the road were great. We have pictures but they aren't on the computer yet as we just arrived home.

Abigail was a trooper the whole way. She had a major diaper blow out on the way up there but thankfully her bundle me was in the carseat so we just took that out. The worst part of the trip was the ride back. We didn't stop at all and the road is very curvy! The adults were fine but poor Abigail got car sick and threw up! I'm trying not to let my mommy guilt get the best of me (like I'm torturing my baby by taking her out of her routine so I can go on this vacation) and just enjoy myself. She was a brand new girl after the puke. She was happy and smiley and seemed to enjoy the rest of the ride. I guess I know the difference between spit-up and puke now! Anyway, that was it.

Tomorrow is a laid back day for us. We're planning on watching Andrew and Graham snorkel and we're also going to a very nearby beach. I think that's it. We're looking forward to some R&R after our long trip today.

Aloha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to have your update this morning. Thanks for keeping us informed. It's too bad Abigail got carsick. I remember that happening to you kids several times when you were still in carseats. I think it has something to do with not being able to see out the window. Hope she has fun on the beach today. What other ethnic foods have you been eating? Have you had any Noni Juice? We enjoyed the remnants of Hurricane Dolly yesterday. "She" gave us three inches of rain!

Love, Mom

Laura said...

Poor Abigail! I bet you had a lot of laundry to do when you got back from the car trip! When do you guys come back from Hawaii?

Unknown said...

Our flight leaves on Monday night and we get back late on Tuesday night. I'm NOT looking forward to the long flights. Hopefully Abigail sleeps!