Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New Things

If you'll notice, there have been some changes to my right side bar. I'm now the proud hostess to BlogHer Ads. Some of you will be thrilled to know that this means I must keep blogging (frequently) in order to keep these on my site. If you see something over there that interests you, don't hesitate to click on it and check it out!

Not much new in our world . . . since my post yesterday, that is. Andrew has another orientation session tonight for his professorship (ok, the place where he will be an instructor), so I'm on my own for supper and bedtime. I don't mind. This means I will get to make myself something with Tuna and I can head to bed/computer time early after cleaning up the house.

I'm still working on our packing lists for Hawaii. I actually think I might post them on here (at least the baby's list) to see if anyone has any other suggestions of things to bring. I only have a few more calls to make to set things up and we'll be good to go. Here is my to-do list.

1) Call Hawaii hotel where we'll be staying 3 nights to get a portable crib!
2) Call Super Ferry to check on whether a copy of Abigail's birth certificate will suffice or if I need to bring the actual thing.
3) Reserve Dewey's spot in the kennel. Poor boy, he will think we've left for good!
4) Call airline to check on gate checking seat/stroller combo and also birth certificate.

Hmm, I think that's it.

--------Abigail update----------
Of course I can't post without writing about the darling, right?! She seems to be doing better all around with sleep. She only woke once, again, last night and she actually just fell asleep for an afternoon nap (hopefully a long one) without ANY crying. I'm doing my best not to consider this action or lack of action "normal" incase she starts waking 2+ times at night or being fussy for naps again. I'm so much better off if I have low expectations! :)

All for now . . .

1 comment:

Drea said...

hey jaime,
I tried to email this but ur email bounced back :-) so heres my email haha

Well 1st off, congrats! :-)

as far as the right baby carrier.
I think its good to have more than one.
Here are the ones I recommend

1. A good ring sling. These are great for newborn all the way up to toddler stage. I loved mine for when Taite was tiny. I would put him in it for church. this way no one could get a hold of him and pass germs on :-) he was born during flu season.. so I wanted to keep him out of that car carrier where people always go for the hands.
The sling I love most is the one made by a WAHM www.kimzkreations.com. Shes currently closed for customs but if you email her she might make an acceptation. Tell her I sent you. Her email is: "kim@kimzkreations.com"

I also like the slings from www.slingcarrier.com but I had to replace the ring with a medium alumnium ring from www.slingrings.com. The rings on the sling carriers were to small. It was easily replaced though with a sewing machine and some know how :-)

2. A good wrap for newborn stage. I love my moby wrap or sleepywrap. theres a link to sleepywrap on my blog at the top.
These wraps have a stretch to them... so I prefer them for just the 1st year. But you can wear them longer than that. Woven wraps are popular as well.. such as the didymos.. but those will cost you 100 bucks. A sleep is only 35.

3. A mei tai! A must for any babywearer. They are less hot than a wrap.. and you can wrap them quicker. I love my babyhawk mei tai as well as my ball baby over all mei tai. You can google these and find links. There are tons of great ones out there though.. and you can even make your own.

4. There are structured carriers like the Ergo or Patapum.. I like those but I prefer a mei tai to that.
The Structured ones are more my husbands style :-)

Hope that helps

Drea

PS ~ there are also pouch slings instead of ring slings.. i prefer a ring tho.