Thursday, July 17, 2008

Guess who . . .

Guess who slept through the night last night. . . me! . . . oh and Abigail as well!

We are super excited about all the fun things coming up.

1) My parents, sister, and her fiance visit this weekend! We are looking forward to their visit and for them to get to experience Abigail in all her "fun"ness". Oh and they are bringing lots of goodies from the Fairchild Farms. Can you say "sweet corn"?!

2) Um, yeah, we're going to Hawaii!!! We actually leave for the airport one week from today! The airport is about 1 1/2 hrs away and since our flight leaves at 7 am, we're staying the night before and parking there for the trip.

3) When we get back from Hawaii I will be cutting back my hours at work. It hard to work full-time with a new baby, especially when your husband has a new job, a longer commute, oh and two other jobs as well (means the house work, most of the mowing, cooking, laundry, etc is my job!). I will be working 4 days a week. I'm so excited to be able to spend more time with Abigail, perhaps have a clean house, and feel more relaxed instead of rushing around all the time. I really do love my job and the people I work with (they are FABULOUS . . . really!) and I'm so thankful for that but it's time to spend a little more time at home.

I am also planning on making a lot of Abigail's baby food. I find store bought baby food extremely gross (although perhaps the baby doesn't mind), expensive, and probably full of preservatives. I'm sure that I won't be able to make ALL of it but having Fridays off will give me more time to puree, freeze and bag food for her to have at Grandma's house and with the babysitter.

I promise that more pictures are coming soon. We haven't taken any in so long but I'm sure we'll have a big six month photo shoot.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

A friend told me that if you put your pureed food in ice cube trays, each cube is about 2 oz. So that makes it really easy to get out the right amount of food (It's very hard to get out of baggies!!). It's time consuming at the beginning, but once you get a good stock going, it's not so bad. I read once that a lady set aside every Sunday evening after the kids were in bed to puree food--that was her & her husband's time to talk while she pureed.

Laura said...

Man, I don't think I'd trust myself to make all of my kids' baby food. I know you are definitely capable of doing that though which is amazing. Anyway, tell everyone hi for me this weekend!

Arielle said...

I made all their food. It was easy, cheaper and more healthy. They usually ate what we were eating as well. The ice cube idea works. After they freeze they go in a freezer bag. So convenient. :0)

Hope Heidi will be a good match!!!

Carrie said...

I read somewhere recently that for every 4 grams of sugar, it's equal to one teaspoon of sugar.. like granulated sugar.


reading the labels on many of my kids' snacks of choice has made me make some BIG changes lately.

hooray for all the changes coming up! but you know.. hopefully the sleeping thing WON'T change. :)