Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I need book advice!

I'm sure you are all relieved that this post won't be a long drawn out explaination of Abigail's sleep. I will include an update at the end however. I am writing this post because I need some suggestions of good books to read. I need a good long book to take with me to Hawaii. I only want to bring one book because we're already going to be cramped for space in our luggage. Any ideas? I also just want titles of good books in general. Thanks!

** Sleep Update: Abigail's rash seems to be so much better. She did wake up twice last night however, but didn't seem to be irritated and fell back asleep, after nursing, in her crib very easily. She didn't eat much at 7 pm when I fed her, so I wasn't surprised when she woke at 11:45 to eat again. She woke again at 4:45 am. Really, it doesn't seem bad to live with that, especially after Sunday night!**

-----Updated-----
I just got done reading The Chamber by John Grisham. Very thought provoking! I am currently reading Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom. I am also going through "For this Child I Prayed" (thanks Mom and Dad!) but it's not really a book you just read straight through.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Glass Castle...it's not really that long, but it's very good.

Kayla said...

When I was in Hawaii I read the book "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. It's a big fat one, so it should last the whole time you're there. It's light enough to make good beach reading, but also thought provoking and a real page-turner.

D said...

Good books... Heavenly Man by Brother Yun. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. Hearts of Fire by Voice of the Martyrs. Well, then there is always www.gfa.org/freebook. :P

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the ideas! Keep them coming. Kayla, I have read that book and it was VERY thought provoking.

Jennifer said...

I just finished reading Gracia Burnham's book "In the Presence of My Enemy". It's pretty hard at the end, but it's a really good book. If you enjoy fiction Christian romance/mystery/history books, anything by Tracy Blackstock, Wanda Brunstetter, Dee Henderson, or Bodie Theone are very good too. You can get a lot of the series in one big fat book, so that should give you plenty to read. I read pretty fast and tend to not stop reading until I get to the end if it's a really good book :)