Monday, July 14, 2008

Not-So-Great Clips * Updated

As I'm sure all of my readers know by know, I am cheap (frugal, conservative, whatever). It's not that I wouldn't be able to spend money if I had it, but I just always feel like I don't have enough to be wildly spending it everywhere. One place where I have tried to be conservative lately is the beauty line item. I stopped coloring my hair several years ago for several reasons, one of which was that I didn't have gray hair so why was I spending tons of money on that when my natural color was just fine. So, I don't spend on that anymore. Since Abigail has been born, I have only gotten my hair cut once. Unfortunately, trying to be cheap, I picked not-so-great-clips. Hopefully none of you work there! :0 I'm sure there are some terrific stylists at those places but let's just say, I did not get one!

So, in order to remedy the situation, I'm going back to my old salon today and will drop around $40 on a hair cut, after tip. I have learned my lesson, however. A good haircut will last much longer than a bad one!

Now, I just have to decide how to get it cut . . . hmm.

Since my appointment is at 11:30 am today, I doubt I have time to ask for suggestions, but if you have one before then, feel free to post it. My old hair cut is getting well . . . old. I'm thinking a little longer style will make me look at little more youthful. I think I will have to break down and ask the stylist her opinion. I wonder if they get tired of that.

**Update: Abigail slept through the night last night. I am just totally bewildered. We did nothing different than we have the past 5 months! :) In fact, I even gave in a rocked her to sleep since she was SO fussy and had been crying for over an hour. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to totally figure out babies.**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Figuring out babies is like...men figuring out women or vice versa...just when we think we have figured something out, it all changes!

Jennifer said...

Amen Susan! :)

Arielle said...

I also say AMEN to MIL's comment AND I go to a great stylist that is $20. She is in Lebanon, but great and affordable. Let me know if you want details. No more Gr8t clps for us.