Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Just as I figured. . . .

After my email last Thursday I didn't hear anything from the church until after I left a message with the head pastor on Monday. I received an email back from one of the personnel committee on Monday. Here is what it said.

Hi Jaime. I'm sorry I missed you when you visited our Church. Bob Agnew asked me, as Chair of the Joint Personnel Committee, to respond to your e-mail. The next step is for you to return the Application for Employment and for us to check references and schedule another interview for you with some of the interested committee members and youth. That will probably be after you move here. We will keep you posted. We really appreciate your interest in us. Bob Rich

Since I had already turned in my Application I was a bit concerned that they didn't get my application (and that they thought we were moving without a job) so I emailed him back. He called this afternoon and left a message on my phone because I had been in meetings all day. He explained that they had not taken any action on my application yet but they were planning on meeting on Thursday evening to discuss my interview and to divide up the reference calls. He said after that they would do a background check (hmm, I wonder if they will find my ONE speeding ticket from four years ago) and then I will have a final interview. I figured that this was the case. The church is in no hurry to fill the position because of their interim and it takes time to pass these things through committees and we are in no hurry to move so we will just have to keep waiting and be patient until they decide. Thank you all for your support. This is all I know for now but I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear anything further.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello All, Instead of posting again I am hoping that you will read the comments as well. Tonight my blog was blasted by lots of Blog Spammers. I went through and deleted all of them but that takes time so to stop them, instead of taking off Anonymous bloggers I am just turning on the word verification in comments. Just type in the word you see below in the box. This should stop it. Please let me know if you have any trouble jaime@theschechters.com. Thanks and comment away! An article on blogger spaming can be found on www.blogger.com.

Anonymous said...

Jaime,

Sounds like the church is just much slower at administration tasks than you expected. Keep that in mind when/if you accept their offer.

An easy way to speed up the application process is to get another offer. If the church really wants you they will do everything they can to expedite the hiring process. All you have to do is get someone else to want you as bad and then let the church know you have other offers, but they are your first choice.