Thursday, August 04, 2005

Good advice? Going once, going twice!

Well, I just want to put a disclaimer on this blog. I am writing this with a smile on my face and I am not mad.

I am taking the day off of work tomorrow to work on my scrapbooks. I haven't really scrapbooked since we got the puppy in March and since I started teaching voice lessons in the evenings. Andrew was very excited that I was doing this since he thinks that I never do anything fun for myself. So, I proceded to get ready for this by printing out some pictures from our digital camera of the events I needed to scrapbook. After I had used up the ten page pack of glossy paper that Andrew purchased for me (only 40 pictures, surely people get more prints with a film camera), he proceeded to comment on how I shouldn't print all the pictures we have (which I don't even get close) and that a lot of my pictures are of the same thing, which could be cut down. This went on for a few minutes. Ok, so I thought, good advice. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.

Well, this morning my dear hubby walks into my office and I ask him if he is going to Walmart anytime soon because I need more paper. He launches into another lecture to rehash how I print to many pictures and I should really only have one page per day of our Europe trip (not nearly enough, right my fellow scrapbookers?). So by then I am thinking . . . were't you the one that wanted me to take this day and scrapbook the way that I wanted and so something relaxing that I like. Well, after I threatened to switch back to a non-digital (shocking thought to Andrew) camera, we parted our separate ways. I am about ready to just tell my boss forget it, and come to work tomorrow instead of scrapbooking!

Lesson learned: Good advice is good once but not twice (or more)! (I need to remember that as much as anybody!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you stay home and get many pages completed that are loaded with pictures! Ask Andrew how many pictures were on the page he made in one of our books. As I recall it had at least 4 and covered a 3 minute span of time with a bulldozer knocking down Bruce and Hemmie's house!
Love, Susan-a fellow scrapbooker

Anonymous said...

I would like to say that I love lots of pictures, here is my point, which wasn't portrayed very clearly.

When you have a picture of subject "A", then a close-up of subject "A", then a shot of subject "A" with people in it, then another shot of subject "A" with different people in it, you must draw the line somewhere. It's the same shot with very minute differences. I don't care what's in the picture, just as long as it's not the same picture.

Anonymous said...

That's like telling a guy how many paintballs to shoot!
:) Carol