Friday, August 26, 2005

Dewey's New Home and Carriage Crossing Adventures

Well, after many months of training and deliberation we have decided to move Dewey to a new home on our back porch for much of the day. I feel that he is pretty close to being house trained (except when he is sick) and so we thought a little more freedom might do him good. For those of you who haven't been to our house, the back porch is pretty much part of the house. It even has some outdoorish carpet in it. Well, I spend some time last night cleaning up everything on the floor and trying to puppy-proof it. I even got down on my hands and knees to see what I could find to chew on! :) We left him there this morning! When we pulled out of the carport and driveway we could see his little cute beagle head peeking out from the window of the back screen door. I hope he likes his new home today. He still has his crate in there but he is free to roam around the porch area. I think that I may go and check on him this morning just to be sure he hasn't gotten into anything bad!

Andrew and I decided to go to Yoder Kansas last night to try the Carriage Crossing restaurant. They were having a special since it is "Yoder days" there. The restaurant was serving their dinners at the price they charged when the place opened! I had grilled ham with fries and green beans. Andrew had a chicken fried chicken with mashed potatos and corn. We had their homemade bread and of course we had apple pie ala mode for dessert. They have a very cute little gift shop attached to the restaurant. I saw some very cute bags and so since the price was right (only $6) I convinced (didn't take much convincing) Andrew to buy me one. He did and it is so cute. It has a green background with blue, pink, yellow, and orange flowers. The hardest thing to decide was which kind I should get. They also had a cherry pattern I liked and a pattern with shoes! I didn't like some of the shoes, though so I went with the flowers! :) I have now increased my purse collection to two purses! I must get to work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Carriage Crossings... how i miss that place... and their rolls :)

Anonymous said...

Jennie and I had some delicious cinnamon rolls there one time. The meal sounds great!
Susan

Unknown said...

Andrew and I talked about the cinnamon rolls last night but we both agreed that Rosalie's are the only ones we know that are better than theirs!

Anonymous said...

How did Dewey handle his new freedom?
Susan