Monday, August 22, 2005

Still Waiting

I thought if I waited long enough to post that I would be able to post about some sort of job news, either positive or negative. But no such luck. It has been one week since my second interview with the church in Wyoming Ohio. In reality, that probably isn't very long. I don't think they are in a hurry to hire since they have an interim in the position. Plus, I just mailed my formal application on Wednesday so they probably haven't had a chance to get it yet, let alone check out my references. Still, I wish I would have pointed them down on a time that I would hear from them. That way, at least I would know when the news was coming. This waiting is making me very unmotivated. If I get the job then I will have some sort of a deadline to get stuff done here, at work and at home. If I don't get the job then there will be several things (packing the entire house) that I can cross off my list and get to some other things.

The weekend was a good one here. I went to a women's conference on Saturday at church and it was very good. I will have to post some of the great things that I learned sometime when I have the book in front of me. I was exhausted from the activities and from our Ohio trip (still) so I slept about 3 1/2 hours Sunday afternoon! I still slept fairly well last night anyway! Well, I should get to work. See, I'm unmotivated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've decided to take the job in OH if they offer it to you. That's a big decision! Congrats (just because even making a decision to move away from your family and support is a big deal) and good luck.

Two weeks is generally the "wait before you can call again" time frame. If you haven't sent the person you interviewed with a thank you, I recommend that and you can reiterate your interest in the note. Then if you don't hear anything by next Monday, you can call to make sure they got your formal app. and reference info. And, of course, once again reiterate your interest.

Unknown said...

Yes, I actually sent a thank you the day after I had my second interview. I know that I should just be patient but I want to know whether I got it or not!! Ah, anyway, yes I will wait until next Monday but it is hard to wait!