Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Well, at least I am not napping for 3 hours like I did last Sunday! My brother and his roommate are over here doing laundry this afternoon and are watching a movie. Andrew is at an NFL draft pick thingy (I have no idea really) and I am just hanging out.

Dewey did very well in his new habitat. The only thing that he did was to start pulling on the carpet and tearing at it. We think that we can find a way to pin that down so he can't pull it up. All of his destructive behavior generally comes from separation anxiety and we really can't do anything more for that than we are already doing. We think he liked his new little place!

No word from the church yet. I sent an email to them on Thursday just simply asking when I might excpect to hear from him. I think that they are probably waiting to pass it or not through a session meeting and those don't just happen all the time. If I haven't heard from them by the end of next week then I will be calling them just to find out when I might be able to find out. The hardest part of waiting is at work when I just have to act like I will be there another year yet. For example I volunteered to take a supervisor call night every few weeks. I hate doing stuff like that because I don't want to volunteer for stuff and then just leave people hanging if we happen to move. I hope to find out soon so I can either just volunteer and actually do that or start to make other plans!

No comments: