Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Decisions

Well, it has been somewhat of a stressful day and 1/2. Andrew and I have decided not to look into the job in Virginia any further. The main reason for this is that the only thing we would really be changing is location. The job isn't necessarily a step up for me, it is in a church but the job isn't necessarily what I want to pursue. Also, we would be rather stretched just living on one small income. Also, Andrew is planning on going for his master's degree but most of it will be online so therefore he can start working on it here and continue from wherever we may be. We also talked about the fact that we think we just got overly excited about this because it was our first job offer. There will be others . . . and hopefully others in the area of the country we want to live. I didn't have a good feeling about the job or the church even though it was an enticing thought to think of living near Washington D.C./Beaches/Historic Towns/Etc.

I was also very disappointed thinking that I would have to leave my voice students after they just started. Andrew said that I could get voice students anywhere, but probably easier to get them in Lyons and Sterling rather than Fredericksburg, Virginia. Also, I would like to get some experience here with teaching voice rather than in a metropolitan area.

So that is what we have decided for now. Oh, the trials of our lives. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have made thoughtful consideration of the decisions behind such a move.
Susan