Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Favorite Kitchen "Looks"

To anyone who wants to help me with decorating our house (when it's built), you can see the style of kitchen I want by clicking the link below. Obviously, ours won't be as big or as grand. I mainly like the black and white simplicity of this kitchen. The stove and sink are a bit overkill for me.

My Favorite Kitchen Design

Andrew and I saw this kitchen while watching Designer's Challenge the other day. Actually, Andrew was watching and I caught the tail end of the show. They also had a hardwood floor! I would probably add more red color accents but this is the look that I want. Thought I would share! I would appreciate any tips and ideas from my creative friends and family as we gather ideas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes! kitchens are my favorite places in a home :) great pick! how are you friend!?

Anna said...

I love that kitchen! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You could try some black or white (or both) tiling around the walls so that spills are easier to clean up if you make a mess. I always loved the tiled look. I don't know, the kitchen looks great!

Anonymous said...

That is truly beautiful, Jaime. I don't think that you should doubt your ability to decorate when you are choosing a classic look like this kitchen. Are you thinking mainly white cabinets with a black island for your design?
Susan

Anonymous said...

Looks so nice!! So much room, ahh, how I would love that much room in my kitchen :)

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you all for your comments! I LOVE getting comments! I think that we will have white cabinets with a black countertop for the kitchen and the opposite for the island. I do like the look of wood too so I'm not quite sold on white yet. Ah yes, Melanie, I have fond memories of your incredibly small kitchen! How are your mouse plugs holding up under your sink? I will continue to share my decorating ideas because this is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the look - very sleek and warm at the same time. I too love wood and have white cabinets, so I understand your dilemma. I think the best way around it is to have a wood floor. I also think that you want to stick with solid surface countertops as they are so much easier to clean and if there is anyway that you can have a drop-in sink (so that there is not a lip on the edge of sink/counter), you will be even happier. I love to have a clean house and I actually like cleaning but with these things in mind it makes cooking and cleaning that much more enjoyable. LOVE the choice!! Thanks for letting us be involved and I echo Susan's sentiment - believe in yourself as you have a great sense of style. Love, Linda