Monday, February 13, 2006

Strange Things and Positive Things!

I have been noticing strange things lately, like the weather. January felt like March or April and now we are being hit by some very weird weather. While driving back from downtown yesterday we would hit patches of heavy snow followed by blue sky and sunlight. This happened several times. Today, it snowed for a good hour when I got here this morning and then by lunch the sun was out and the snow has all melted. I guess it is just in Kansas where it snows, sticks around for several days, and gradually melts. Ohio is weird! :)

Someone I work with is also weird. I won't mention who, but you can ask me later. This person will say very random comments in the middle of something I am trying to explain. His comments have nothing to do with the matter at hand. At first, I was a bit perplexed by this. Now, it just makes me laugh. This person also will interrupt even if I am explaining something serious. I don't believe they mean to be rude but well . . . I can't explain it! It's just weird!! (good thing I know how to spell weird, huh?!)
----------------------------------
My husband has been pointing out lately (sometimes in a nice way and others not - but that's ok) that I have developed a very negative attitude. This is true. I realize it and really want to make a change. So, whenever something annoys me or makes me sad, I am going to try and just look for the good in that and concentrate on it. I was encouraged and inspired back in Kansas, at a women's retreat I attended. The pastor's wife was speaking and she told a story about how her husband (the Pastor) would set his alarm for an early hour (think she said 5) but would then hit the snooze button for over an hour. She, however, would wake up with the first alarm. Instead of getting mad and grumbling at her husband, she instead began to use that time to pray! It made a difference in her life. I believe there is good in every situation if we just look hard enough. I realize this may be difficult but if I just start small and make little adjustments, I think it could really change my outlook on many things. I will have to share Andrew's "weightloss solution for Jaime" some day. It's pretty good, I thought!

No comments: