Saturday, February 25, 2006

Family Sacrifices

Last night I attended Andrew's cousin's high school musical. It was very good. It made me reflect about when I was in high school. I got to thinking about all of the things that my family provided for me over the years. Let me explain. My family didn't spend large sums of money on vacations for themselves, eating out, brand new "things," clothes, etc. But when it came down to getting something for one of us that they felt was important, like senior pictures, college, weddings, etc, they weren't afraid to spend a little extra for something quality. I just realized last night how much I appreciated that through the years. This quality definitely carried over into the wedding that they provided for us. They never once complained about how much money it cost and a lot of times they wouldn't share how much sometime cost, just so I wouldn't feel guilty. Everything in the wedding was beautiful and well done, just because my family was willing to foot the bill, even though it wasn't something for themselves. I just wanted to blog and say how much I appreciate the sacrifices made by my parents and grandparents so that we (my sibilings and I) could have quality things at important times in our lives. Thank you, family! I love you very much!

No comments: