Tuesday, February 28, 2006

House Building Update

We are in the process of being pre-approved for a construction loan through IndyMac Bank. The specialize in working with UBuildIt, the company that will help us build our house. They have a pretty good program with their loans including things such as unlimited draws (once every two weeks) and online draws. We should know tomorrow sometime, our pre-approval amount. Our next step is to get our house plans to UBuildIt so he can figure up all of the specifications for the house and how much the whole thing will cost to build. That's where we are at right now. We're moving forward with things but I don't feel as rushed as I did before.

I am still trying to make a decision about whether or not to keep on with the May Festival Chorus after the year ends in May. I am enjoying my time in the choir, while I'm there, but the time committment and the drive down there is enough to make me consider quitting. I also want to get more involved with our church and to be able to do other things to help Andrew out with his Master's. I also really want to start teaching voice lessons again to keep that up but I can't do both as well as everything else I am doing. I know that I have a long time to make my decision (several months) but I would appreciate advice and prayers about this matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited for you both. Actually I must say I am excited for all of us!! I feel so blessed knowing that you are there. I just went back and read quite a few of your blogs and it was so gratifying to see that you are getting such positive feedback. I know God would not lead you where he didn't want you to go, but he doesn't promise to make life easy. As I read your blogs I do not feel that your life is easy, but I do feel that you heard God's call and responded to where he wanted you to be and what he wanted you to do. I will definitely pray about your choral commitment. I have thought about it before as I know that Middletown has wonderful opportunites too and this may be a logical next step. I think you could still be able to help Andrew, teach voice lessons, be able to sing yourself and be filled up by these activities (in addition to your job, church commitments and being more active there, taking care of yourself with quiet time, other social obligations, etc.). My opinion anyway. I will say one more thing. I have been praying about it already so these thoughts are not necessarily random. OK - Love you kiddo and thanks for blogging!!!! Linda :)