Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Compromising

We are in the process of picking out a house plan to build later on this year. This has turned a formerly fun task into somewhat of a tedious one! Part of the problem is the organization of over 100 house plans. I will start to work on that tonight, if I have time. I am attending Andrew's cousins shower tonight. Andrew and I like different things in our house plans. I tend to like house plans with 1) porches, 2) nice Master bathrooms, 3) secluded Master bedrooms, 3) kitchens with islands, 4) the potential to expand the house in the future, meaning expandable upstairs, basement, or the ease of an addition. We are also limited by funds. I would like a 2,000 square foot house but pretending we are just living on Andrew's salary means that we can only afford about 1300 square feet. Andrew has picked out a house plan that he thinks is the one. I guess that I just expected to see a house plan and say "that's it." Kind of like the feeling when you find the perfect wedding dress. This house plan is definitely acceptable. My only qualms with it include the layout of the house and the lack of a second story. Looking at what we have lived in so far, I guess I shouldn't be so picky.

No comments: