Sunday, February 05, 2006

House Plans Part II

Thanks, Linda and Melanie for your comments! I LOVE comments and I agree with you completely. When Andrew said that he liked that plan the best, I was a little disappointed that it wouldn't have an upstairs but I did like the idea of the dormer windows bringing lots of light into the family room. We are now considering two other options as well. One of them is our favorite, absolutely #1 plan. It is, however, a bit too big for us right now. The second one is significantly smaller. We really want to do what God wants us to for this house. Our dilemma lies in the fact that we are sort of limited in our ability to house needy people (which we both feel called to do, whether it be adoption or just a needy family) if we build the smaller house. I really don't want to build the bigger house just to be selfish. If we are able to afford that one when I really want to use it for a bigger purpose than just a place to live and accumulate stuff, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure that I am making myself clear in this post about how much I really just want to do what is God's will! Even if it means a tiny house, I am fine with that. Ok, here are the links to two more house plans.

This is the plan that is a bit too big for us right now, especially if we finished the upstairs. We would have a side entry garage, and a railing on the porch: House Plan 1

This is the sensible and economical house plan that we like:We would add a two car garage to this plan. House Plan 2

Let me know what you think! I am so glad that we have a while before we have to decide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are both lovely plans - this is one of those "win-win"situations! I think you make it perfectly clear that "God's will be done" - the prayer that never fails....the first plan seems perfect with the room for expansion upstairs and in the meantime the spaciousness (and front porch!) downstairs. Again - they are both lovely plans with ample storage space and charm inside and out. I do have to ask this - is there anyway you can change the orientation of the garage so that you enter it from the side? I always like that look better as opposed to having the garage door on the front of the house....but that is really neither here nor there as they (whoever they are) say......Jaime and Andrew, I am just plain thrilled and excited for you and all that know you - that house will be filled with God and all of his love.....it does not get any better than that.....thanks for sharing this chapter of your life with us - love, Linda :)

Unknown said...

Yes, we would have side entry garage for whatever plan we decide to go with.

Anna said...

Jaime! Thos are both super adorable - I can see you living in either. I'm jealous that you're actually thinking about a house. I'm thinking about moving back to the States with nothing but my car and a stack of rubbermaid boxes in my parent's basement. Hope the planning all comes together for you!

Unknown said...

I can hardly believe that I will have a new house either! I am jealous of all your adventures, Anna! Some days I wish I could be on a plane to Lithuania! I wish I could have worked it out to visit you but I don't think that will happen!