Friday, February 03, 2006

House Plans

See the link below to view our (Andrew's) favorite house plan. I have others that I like better, that have all features that I like but they are too big for us to build right now and stay within our budget limit. We probably won't be putting up a wall to that smaller bedroom (I would say knock out the wall, but hopefully we just won't put it up in the first place) and make the dining/living area bigger. We will have two bedrooms to start out with and then add one in the basement and start to finish it when we need more room! The whole plan will probably be mirrored to adjust to the sun/wind/rain factor on our property. Andrew also thinks this plan is easily add-on-able but I'm not so sure. I think it would look funny. I do ADORE the outside of the house! It is so cute and I can imagine us enjoying the view from the front porch. Enjoy looking at it and PLEASE let me know what you think. I am open to ALL suggestions because you know how much I LOVE comments! :)

http://www.houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=12732&st=10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at house plans and when I saw the outside of this house, I said "Ohhhh!" It is very cute. I, however, am not a huge fan of windows that don't have some room behind them...so to have such cute dormers that you can't ever see OUT of would not be my first choice :) A house like that just begs to have a second floor, in my opinion, he he, even it's an open area that overlooks the dining or living area below Think of how fun that would be to have a family room up there or a place to send the kids to play where you could still hear them....yes, I too think that's a good idea. Jaime, send the links to some of the others plans you like...I'd love to see what features are interesting to you.

Anonymous said...

I also love looking at houseplans - thanks for feeding my addiction! I was glad to hear that you love front porches and now, I will tell you what I think. Yes, this is incredibly cute and I too think you could add on - just putting an attic behind the dormers and more bedrooms/playroom up there. You could also later add on to the front porch - bring it down in front of the garage and make it nice and wide there - what a great place to have breakfast lunch or dinner! of course the terrace in the back is perfect for that too. I think that this is a good home with the knowledge that you can add on to it later when you need more room - but as your friend Melanie said, perhaps you could add a second floor now - an unfinished second floor....if not - that can come later! I like the flow of the house inside and the outside makes you smile - just what you want when you come home. - so those are my thoughts! love, linda :)