Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Yumm! Soup!!

Many of you know, if you know me in real life or just read this blog, that I'm not a huge fan of winter. I'd take one or two snowfalls but then I'm ready for the warm weather again. I like pools, beaches, capri pants, flip flops, watermelon, corn on the cob and all the other joyous things that come with summer! However, if there is one thing I appreciate about winter, besides beautiful snowfalls, snuggling, and Christmas, it is getting to eat and cook soup recipes!

Right now I almost can't wait for it to cool off enough for me to make some of my favorite soup recipes and try new ones. I hope my husband is up for all this soup because I'll probably be making them a lot! (I'm sure he won't mind).

My favorite is probably Corn Chowder. Yumm! (Sorry the recipe is at home. Maybe I'll share it when I make it).

I want to try Pioneer Woman's Cauliflower Soup. (I'm sure I'll be making about any soup recipe she posts).

I found this recipe and want to try it. We love Salmon and Chowder so why not put them together.

And of course, my favorite "sea food" is crab so I've got to find the perfect crab chowder too. I'll start by trying this one.

I'm also thinking of starting now, making lots of soups, and freezing them because I'm going to be a bit busy this winter. I can hardly find the time to really cook (beyond making spaghetti, pizza, and egg sandwiches) with my toddler, so not sure how another baby will play into this so some frozen meals would probably be a good thing.

Also, I have found that soups are great to feed kids. Mine is a pretty good eater most of the time, but especially with soup.

Ok, maybe I should make corn chowder for supper, even though it's 75 degrees outside!

Ok, I also think I'm going to need (ok, want) something like this. Too bad it's so expensive!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Go to SamsClub and they have a cast Iron dutch oven. I LOVE IT. Its the best kitchen tool in the world. and at sams its only $40 or so!! Hopefully they still have them!

Unknown said...

I LOVE soup too and in fact, I'm making some today to freeze so it's ready for when we go have baby. I have a dutch oven and LOVE it for making soups...my mom gave it to me for Christmas and I know she didn't spend $200 on it...I think she probably got it at Wal-Mart where it's more like $45-50.

Unknown said...

Yes, I think I picked a little "high end" for my link! :) I'll have to keep my eyes open for one that is cheaper.

Melanie, I wish I had frozen more foods when Abigail was born. It is astonishing how much work a newborn takes. Andrew can cook but we still had nights that we would have loved to heat up something frozen. I'm going to try to do better this time. We even had quite a few meals brought to us!