Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm still here!

After dealing with a week of sick kid, and now a sick husband, I guess I have taken an unplanned blogging break. Our efforts to get Abigail healthy without using antibiotics are failing. She still woke up with a 100 degree temp. It's her 11th day in a row of running a fever. She hasn't had a fever all day on those days but at some point it has registered above a 98.6. Now my husband has a cold. It is weird that he got it so late in the game, since Abigail's been sick a week, so I don't think he caught it from her. I'm doing my best to preach hand-washing, and sanitation between the two of them. We'll see if they listen.

I have a call into our doctor and I fully expect to be picking up Abigail's first antibiotic today. My heart is heavy and sad. I wanted to not give her one unless absolutely necessary but with our lifestyle (as two working parents) it's just not feasible to keep this up. My sick-time off is almost gone, and it's only April!

:(

No comments: