Sunday, April 26, 2009

I don't want to speak too soon!

I don't want to speak too soon but we may have avoided the use of antibiotics, at least this time around. I decided to go ahead and fill the prescription that the doctor called in yesterday but wait until today to see if Abigail needed it. Her temp was 100 yesterday morning but it fell throughout the day. This morning it was 99 when she woke up and I just took it and it said 98.1! I think she may have conquered this thing on her own.

In any case, I feel better having the antibiotics on hand. If she starts to run a fever again, I will start her on them but I certainly would like to save the use of antibiotics for something more serious, such as strep throat. Antibiotics aren't bad in and of themselves but the overuse of them causes serious health problems, including a weakened immune system (it kills good and bad bacteria) and the fact that the antibiotic may not be effective again when really needed.

We'll see what the day holds!

No comments: