Saturday, April 02, 2011

Updates: Elsie and Baby #3

I have had so much fun reading through old blog posts to see what Abigail was up to when she was Elsie's age . . . and so forth. I have really be slacking lately to keep it update for Elsie, so I am going to try to do better! Elsie is almost 17 months old (in about a week) and it feels like she's turning into such a little girl now and not just a baby!



  • She loves to feed herself!

  • She can drink out of a regular sippy cup now (she know how to tip it back) and does great at getting lots to drink each day. I usually have to go on a sippy cup hunt when she's carried it off somewhere!

  • She is saying just a few words but she acts like she desperately wants to talk and babbles constantly.

  • She can say, "Mama, Dada (in direct reference to us), and Uh Oh". I think she says "more, all done, Nana, and Roro" but those are more guesses than anything else.

  • She is fascinated with lights and can make the "l" sound pretty clearly but the rest of the word doesn't really follow yet so I can't claim she says "light".

  • She is a fantastic sleeper! She got up a few times at night about two months ago due to extreme teething but other than that, the girl sleeps from 7 to 7:30 pm until anywhere between 7:15 am and 8:30 am (usually in the 7 o'clock hour). She's been sleeping through the night since we started giving her cow's milk to drink back in December.

  • She did great playing with other kids (and was actually slightly more social than her sis) when we had a playdate here last week. One of the other mom's had a newborn and Elsie was crazy about the baby. Of course, I had to watch her like a hawk because she just wanted to poke the little baby in the eye. Yikes! What am I in for?!

  • She wears 12 to 18 month size clothes and still wears a teeny tiny size 3 shoe! I haven't weighed her in a while so I will try to do that soon.

  • She gets along so well with Dewey - much better than her older sis. Andrew even said he came downstairs a while back to see Dewey sitting right in front of Elsie and Elsie was scratching/patting his back!! :) This is good because I think we're going to try to have them share a room.

  • She still wears a size 3 diaper.

  • She can clap her hands on command, give high 5's, and give kisses when we ask.

  • She often will go into the other room, get a book and bring it to us. It's pretty obvious she wants to be read to! She will sit quite still through a book at least once and sometimes more.

  • She's still a Mama's girl but lately has confidently been able to go to Daddy and Nana for comfort as well.


  • This picture was taken a few weeks ago. Around 30 weeks, I think. Sorry about the mess. This was taken in my closet!! :)

  • I am 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

  • It's getting difficult to breathe at this point! :)

  • I am getting up 2 to 5 or 6 times a night to pee or to eat!! I guess my body's just getting used to being awake at night.

  • Sleeping at night is becoming more and more uncomfortable. My main complaint is that my hips and legs ache a lot. It helps to lay in the Bradley position and to shift a lot - which is hard to do as well.

  • I am having a little heartburn but it doesn't seem to be as extreme as it was when I was pregnant with Elsie. Maybe he'll be a smaller baby.

  • My favorite thing is to take a bath everyday. I am definitely most comfortable there!

  • It's hard to bend over to help dress little kids and to pick up toys. I'm thankful that Abigail is such a helpful girl and it has also been extremely helpful to have the changing table on the first floor. Much easier to use that for my little pooper, Elsie, than to change her on the floor or couch.

  • I have had Braxton Hicks/Cramping for 3 or 4 months now. Can be pretty uncomfortable at times but it is good to know they don't cause any progression.

  • I am also having a lot of pressure pain, especially when I am on my feet to long. I try to schedule laying down breaks and that helps a lot. I had this at the end of my pregnancy with Elsie (after 37 weeks) but this time it started in week #23 or 24.

  • I think we've narrowed the naming possibilities down to 2 or 3 names. We probably won't officially decide until we get the baby in our arms but it's good to be on the same page!

I think that's all for now. I'll try to update Abigail's doings another time!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isaac is in size 3 diapers!! I got the belt in the mail on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading all about Elsie and your pregnancy pains. Fun picture, too! Maybe there's another baby hiding in there.

Thanks for the very interesting post, but of course, they're all interesting to us.

Love, Mom