Monday, April 25, 2011

Been awhile?

Sorry, it's been a while. I don't want to stop blogging (or slow down even) because I LOVE looking back and reading about our activities in the past . . . particularly around when the girls were born. It's just that I don't have much time to myself these days and when I do, I'm usually cleaning something or resting! :)

Anyway, here's a little update so I won't be upset with myself in the future for not writing this down . . .

- Andrew is in NYC today for several business meetings. He flew out this morning around 7 am (I think his flight was delayed an hour) and he'll be back around 11 pm tonight. I can fairly confidently say now that I don't think the baby will be born today but I will be able to greatly relax when he is safely home.

- I'm 38 weeks tomorrow (need to post a picture!) and looking back on this blog I can see that with my previous pregnancies I had had some decent contrations by this point and this time it seems like I have had nothing. I know that each pregnancy is different and that they could just start at any random time but I still feel like the birth is a ways away.

- In the past I have prepped myself for natural childbirth and labor by practicing relaxation techniques and by watching birth stories. I haven't done much of that yet but I'm not sure it will make much of a difference. We'll see.

- My kids are just joyful, wonderful, and extremely challenging and sometimes that wide range can happen in just a few moments time. I have really backed off committing myself to things this past week and while at times that in itself was challenging, by the weekend I was so thankful to have had that time to spend with my children and I don't regret it. I'm planning on keeping it that way for a while.

- Abigail can now write her own name, with no help from me, and several other words and names, such as Ron, Duck, Mama, Dad, and sometimes Elsie. I feel like I have to work every moment of every day with her on cheerfully sharing her toys. I have explained many times of the sin of selfishness and about how it is wrong to whine and mope around when mom and dad say "no" because that shows an ungrateful heart. Whew! I think it's still going to be a work in progress and the main thing I need is consistency!

- Elsie is just growing and learning by leaps and bounds in this last week. I worked with her for a week or two on the sounds different animals make and she is able to say some of them already. I am starting to tell that she is making sounds that are supposed to be words (All Done, Sissy, Mama, Light, etc) but she isn't understandable yet. Her newest obsession is the little Dora couch we have. She loves to get on there and sit for a while. It's so cute!! I love her age because you can see them learn something right before your eyes but I also find it most challenging too because the communication is so difficult!!

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to take my daily bath and read a bit before I need to pick up my kiddos from their Grandma.

No comments: