Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Abigail Update: 3 yrs and 2 months

Abigail is 3 years and 2 months old. What can I say about my first born?! So many things! She's becoming quite an artist (see her smily face in the photo above). Here is a picture of her "Skyping" with Grandma Roro!



  • She is a wonderful helper . . . getting me diapers, wipes, putting away toys, checking on her sister, (and many other things) any time I ask.

  • She generally has a wonderful attitude when I ask for her help. She will occasionally say "I'm busy right now"!

  • She is a sensitive girl! I explained to her just yesterday that being short and snippy with me hurt my feelings and wasn't honoring to me as her mother. She immediately burst into tears and when I asked what was wrong she said "I hurt your feelings". I hope she keeps this sensitive spirit!!

  • She has a fantastic memory. She will bring up events from weeks and even months ago when I think there is no way she will remember something!

  • She is a genuine mother! The girl would mother a rock if I let her bring one in the house! She mothers stuffed bears, stuffed dogs, her sister, friends, me and her daddy, and any other toy or object that has had a hard day and needs some love! So funny!

  • She is turning out to be a smart little thing. She can write almost all of her letters and continually asks me and her dad how to spell things so she can write them on her white board or magna-doodle. She loves writing people's names in particular.

  • She tends to be a bit of a perfectionist! When writing people's names, if she can't get a letter exactly right she begins to get frustrated and will ask me to write it for her. I will be honest when I say that this isn't a trait she got from either of her parents! :)

  • She is the silliest girl I know. She cracks her own jokes and then laughs hysterically!

  • A good example of her silliness was yesterday while we were eating dinner with her Nana. Abigail said, "Mama has a baby (in her tummy) and Nana has a baby." I said, "Oh really, who is Nana's baby?" Abigail says, "Jesus". . . and then laughs hysterically.

  • She loves to be read to and to "read" to other people.

  • She wears size 4t or 5t clothes and size 9 or 10 shoes. She is a tall girl!

  • She has been potty trained since August but has recently been having potty accidents several times a week.

  • She still wears pull-ups at night. I started working on talking about staying dry at night a few weeks ago but when she began to have day time accidents, I backed off.

Trying on Mama's Glasses!

I could really fill this blog up each day with the girl's activities. I need to do a better job of writing down the funny things she says!

No comments: