Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend and Test Results

We had a fun weekend with my sister and nephew visiting from Chicago. She helped me so much and it was such fun to play with my nephew. They are planning to come back for the birth of this baby as long as everything works out. I can't wait (for many reasons!). My mother-in-law also threw a wonderful baby shower for me on Saturday. I had so much fun seeing everyone and we got some very nice gifts for our baby boy. I need to start on the thank you notes now!! My OB practice just recently started using an online reporting system where you can see and schedule appointments, see test results, and submit questions to a nurse. I got a notification today that my test results were in so I went to look this morning. I'm THRILLED beyond what I can express that my Group B Strep test came back negative. I'm fairly certain this means that for this birth (for the first time ever!!!!) I do not have to have an IV with antibiotics. Yeah yeah yeah! That will be so much better for everyone. My iron levels also came back. They were in the normal range but on the very low side so they will probably tell me to keep taking the iron supplement for these next few weeks. I have managed to have a bit more energy and I've been more consistent with the supplement so I'm wondering if that is part of my problem from last week. I am still struggling with sleep every night. It is mainly just uncomfortability. I cannot sleep on my back (very heavy baby) and if I sleep on my sides then the hip I'm sleeping on begins to ache after an hour or two. I did take Tylenol PM (approved by my doc) a few nights ago and noticed I slept much better. Perhaps I'll have to resort to taking that every few nights to catch up on sleep. Last week Elsie had a runny nose for a few days (and major irritability! whew!) and now Abigail and I have picked up on the cold. It doesn't seem bad, thankfully, but adding a bit of a runny nose and sore throat to being 36 weeks pregnant isn't the most fun I've had in my life. I've also been getting up with Abigail at night since she's miserable with her nose and cough. I think she sounds just a tiny bit better today so that's good. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe how fast time is flying. One more week and I'll be full-term even though my babies have historically come between 39 and 40 weeks.

No comments: