Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Travels and Sacrifice

We learned this morning that my husband will need to return to NYC for another trip before this baby is born. Yikes. I will admit that this makes me nervous! Thankfully it looks like it will just be a day trip (you know . . . leave at 6 am and return at 11 pm) so I'm praying now that I will not go into labor on that day. I feel bad for the guy. He's just doing that he has too.


Speaking of that guy, my husband, I just want to say how very blessed I am. He has really been picking up the slack around here lately. He filled my car up with gas yesterday, which is no easy task with the gas tank not opening without some major propping of levers and prying of gas tank doors, etc.


He also makes other sacrifices that are not easy for him. He's a night person and yet he makes himself go to bed early just go he can get up early to go to work. This, in turn, allows him to be home at a decent hour in order to spend time with the kids (and, I'm assuming, me too). I admire self-control in others and he does an awesome job of showing his love to us by exhibiting self-control (getting up at 5 am!!!) to make his family time a priority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We, too, are thankful Andrew is such a great husband to our daughter and a super father to our grandchildren. He truly has a servant's heart. We are blessed to have him for a son-in-law.

Love,
Mom (and Dad)