Tuesday, March 29, 2011

When you think you know it all . . .

I just assumed that pregnancy #3 would be easy. In some ways it is a little easier but there are still unexpected events that I assumed would never happen! Sunday found me wondering if I was "progressing" some. I have been plagued by random and yet painful cramps and pressure since January. I decided to go ahead and move my appointment from Thursday to yesterday "just to check". Thankfully the midwife found no progress at all. This is a GOOOOOOD thing. You see, my darling husband is leaving next Sunday for several days for a business trip and I really don't want to have a baby or even feel like I'm having a baby without him here. I'm just astonished most days that I can't do more. I can only be up for about 15 to 30 minutes before the intense pressure starts (maybe he's a big baby!) and I have to lay down. I'm trying to be smart and to just scale back on doing "stuff" that isn't necessary. That is an incredibly difficult thing for me to do with my "achiever" personality. So I have decided for the next six weeks to just do what I feel like I can do and nothing more. So here is my pledge . . . I will not (for the next six to ten weeks) . . . - feel guilty if my kids watch a bit too much TV. - feel guilty if I don't get the laundry done or cleaning done the way I think it should be. - feel guilty if I don't provide fun "outings" and other forms of entertainment for my kids (after all, it's a great life skill for them to learn to entertain themselves). - feel guilty if I take a bath everyday. - feel guilty if everything is not perfectly ready for the baby to come (like washing all the old baby gear - I've started but I move slow!). And last but not least . . . the VERY VERY hardest of all . . . I WILL ask for help before things become an emergency! That is so hard for me! Anyway, I'm off to take my bath now, lay on my bed, and perhaps fold some laundry while laying on my bed. It's nap time, ya know!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had horrible pain/pressure for almost my entire 3rd pregnancy (I had it at the very end with Jacob). She said baby was just laying very low, thus the pressure. It was AWFUL! I found that a really good support belt thing helped a lot (when I wasn't too hot to wear it...not often in Kansas summer!). If you want, I can mail you mine if I still have it out (I think I do). It was expensive, but it really did help with the pressure pain. I should have worn it more than I did, but it was a toss-up between putting up with the pain or having that thing around me when it was 100+ degrees outside!

Lindsay said...

I would second what Jennifer said! I had so much "pressure pain" with my 2nd boy. He was very low for some time and it was all I could do to get through the day. My doctor told me to try a support band at 32 weeks and it was amazing!! It was so helpful (yes it was a bit uncomfortable to begin with) but the pain became so much more "tolerable." It was so worth it!!!