Friday, March 18, 2011

Pineapple + Elsie = Don't Mix!

My apologies . . . these pictures are in reverse order. I forgot to upload them the other way and frankly, my time is limited so they'll have to stay this way!!

On March 9th, we started out the day like we do any other day, with fresh fruit for breakfast. I had a fresh pineapple in the fridge, so I cut it up and gave both girls a pretty good sized portion.

We finished our breakfast and I noticed Elsie's mouth was a little red and irritated looking.

The more time passed, the more I realized she was having a pretty nasty reaction. We had also eaten Oatmeal for breakfast and I really didn't think the reaction would have come from that. I called the doctor to ask about a dosage size for Benadryl and then watched her carefully all day.

Here are some photos from that day.




After the Benedryl and before her nap. She's looking better.


Abigail did not care for all the attention that was given her sister and was feeling sad . . . so I took her picture. :)


Mama and Elsie snuggling in the morning.


Such a pitiful sight! Poor girl.




Not feeling good at all. Later she even ran a fever for a few hours. I guess it was the allergen just fighting against her immune system.
So . . . if you're babysitting my kids - no peanut butter or pineapple!!!

No comments: