Monday, April 19, 2010

Review of 2010 Goals

In January I set some goals for myself for 2010. I hardly ever stick to my goals so I decided to set up reminders on the 1st of every month. These reminders tell me to look at the goals and so I'm consistently reminded of them. Here are the goals that I set and how I'm doing.

Beware! I'm going to be very honest here! :)

1) Read the 1 verse a day calendar.

Well, I did well with this until Abigail got sick in March. It's no excuse, though. You'd think I could handle reading one Bible verse a day. This serves as my reminder to jump back on the horse, though. I have time. I firmly believe that moms in any season of life have time to read the Bible (I'm preaching to myself here) even if it means not being alone when you do it. I actually think this is a great thing. I have fond memories of seeing my own mother study the Bible in her blue chair in the basement and I hope to leave the same legacy for my own girls.

I'm not doing it now, though so back on the wagon I go. . .

2) Exercise 2x a week.

I haven't done this perfectly but I have probably exercised 2x a week more weeks than not. So that's good! :)

3) Spend more quality time during my quantity time with my kids.

This is a difficult one for me. I spend time with my kids - lots and lots of time. However, I'm not sure I'm consistent enough about sitting down and really playing at their level (sometimes - independent play is good too). I'd like to work with Abigail on her numbers, colors, letters, etc. I just need to set a specific time each day to do this.

4) Work through Character qualities with myself and my kids.

So I haven't done this at all. . . at least not consciously. I have been working with Abigail on manners, controlling her emotions and temper, etc but I want to have the character qualities in front of me and make them a central focus of our day.

5)Lose 20 pounds.

Well, I'm happy to say that this is the one I accomplished. I'm not sure what that says about me. :) I have been doing weight watchers since January 24th and have lost 26 pounds (as of this morning). I haven't blogged much about this for several reasons. I didn't want to blog about it and then fail (how's that for honesty) and it just seems so personal. So, there you go. I have lost 26 pounds in almost 4 months.

It's been surprisingly easy. It helps (tremendously) to have a breastfeeding baby. It also helps to be at home and not behind a desk all day. I'm much more active with two little kids and I can tell it helps.

Elsie's up from her nap so I'd better go. Have you kept up with your 2010 goals? I'd love to hear from you. Anyone? anyone?

2 comments:

Jason and Emilee Munafo said...

Jamie, Congrats on hitting some of your goals. I am afraid to make these sometimes because I lack so much discipline. I'll be cheering when June 1st comes around and I hit my one year breastfeeding goal. I never thought I would make it this far. It was great to see you while I was home. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for all that you do to support us here in Nigeria!

Unknown said...

Congrats on that Emilee! Breastfeeding is so hard. I would just concentrate on one day at a time and before I knew it a year was up. Abigail and I actually stuck with it until she was 17 months old. She was ready to quit! :)

I lack discipline too although I want it so badly sometimes.

I wish we could do more for you all!