Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Busy!

I haven't blogged lately because I've been busy!! People at work are realizing that my last day is one week from tomorrow (yikes) so I am up to my eyeballs in tons of projects. I've been trying to take it easy but still working a bit from home on them.

I'm also taking care of myself by making sure to be in bed by 9 pm each night (although it's 9:15 pm now). I'm not usually sleep until 10 but that gives me time to read, relax, and put my feet up.

It's getting quite difficult for me to get around these days. The hardest time is in the mornings. I have been late to work everyday, I think. By the time I get myself up, showered, ready, dressed, breakfast made (which I eat in the car), I'm late getting Abigail up and dressed. Thankfully she eats breakfast elsewhere, or we'd really be in trouble. She loves to take her time in the mornings and play a bit. Unfortunately, at 7:15 am, when we have to leave by 7:20 am, that's not the best thing!

I'm beginning to have just a touch of swelling in my feet so I'm really trying to take it easy. I don't want them to freak out at the midwives office and put me on bedrest (with a 21 month old - that would be BAD news).

I'm so very very thankful that tonight is Andrew's last class. He has been teaching a class at IWU and tonight is the last one. He's usually home in an hour so I think it's safe to say I won't go into labor while he's in class.

I haven't had any contractions to speak of at this point. The baby is heavy and so there are a few other uncomfortable issues but if labor goes like it did with Abigail, I don't think this baby will be born for a while yet. Of course, each labor and child is different.

I discovered that the birth center has WIFI and I'm toying with the idea of blogging a bit during birth. We'll see how that goes. I just want the option. It may be Andrew doing more updates than me actually writing anything other than the word "ouch" but I think it would be neat to have a record.

We'll see!

No comments: