Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Time at home!

I have been meaning to write this post for a while. It has been formulating and stewing in my brain for a while so I guess it is best that I write it down.

Today is actually my second offical day of being a stay-at-home mom. If I was going to return to work, I would have done so on Monday. So, I guess I have felt like the first 8 weeks were "maternity leave" and an adjustment period.

Have you ever had a time in your life when you just felt right? Like what you were doing was where you were supposed to be? That your heart was all in one piece and not divided? Well, that is how I feel.

I'm not saying that there aren't moments, hours, days, (weeks?) that are challenging, especially with two kids so young.

However, I finally feel connected to my kids, not so out-of-touch with my husband, and like my home is finally settled (or more so).

I'm not sure that any of this makes sense so I guess I'll just end with the fact that I am enjoying being at home even more than I thought I would. I am especially looking forward to warmer weather (brr!) so the girls and I can do some outdoor activities.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to just be a mom and wife at this time!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I appreciate you, hearing your sweet godly warm admission of feeling at peace with your decision to stay home with your young children..! Many "moms" feel this same way and you could not have put it any better. May God give you strength each day cause there will be "those days" that prayer will be your only sanity:).. you have choices to alter these young girls lives. You are a blessing to them. Thank you for this post-

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Jackie! My prayer is that I am a blessing to them by choosing to be here, even on the hard days (and this morning has been a challenge with Abigail).