Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rest for the Weary!

Thanks for all the encouragement on my last post. I will check out those books and resources. I really just get frustrated when there is an overabundance of disobedience or clingyness (but who doesn't). I don't mind the day-to-day stuff because I know it is what God is asking me to do for this time in my life. It sure does make me appreciate my own mom.

There are times that I wish my husband would notice the made bed or perfectly clean kitchen but then there are other times that I'm glad he doesn't notice the disgusting bathroom or unmopped floors - so I don't mind the not-noticing! :)

I was looking back through the blog to when Abigail was Elsie's age to see how she was sleeping by that point because . . . I'm really not getting much sleep! My sweet Elsie can make it 3 or 4 hours in the first stretch at night but then it's usually every two.

Last night was no exception. We went to bed late because Elsie and I were at a women's Bible study. I got her to bed at 10 pm. She slept until 2 am but then was awake at 3:45 am, 6:16 am, and now finally up at 8 am. I feel like I didn't sleep at all!

Abigail has been starting to sleep in lately. She will at least go until 8 am and sometimes 8:30 am or later. I am SO thankful because sometimes it allows me to catch up a little bit!

I'm really not sure why Elsie doesn't sleep better. She is a pretty good self-soother. We let her fall asleep on her own all the time. She is sleeping alone in her crib all night. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a low milk supply and she's just needing to feed that much to get her calories! I'm going to try to really drink a lot today and perhaps pump once to increase things. I'm so tempted to pump a bottle and have Andrew take one feeding but if it is my milk supply that would only serve to make things worse.

We'll see.

I just feel like she should be sleeping better already (almost 11 weeks old).

Despite getting up so often with her, I am completely head-over-heels in love with that sweet girl. I don't feel frustrated by getting up so much (like I thought I would). It's just more of a contemplation as to when I will be getting more sleep!

No comments: