Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year 2010

I love the New Year. I believe I love the feeling of it more than any other holiday. I love a fresh start, new organization, and the high left over from Christmas.

Having said that, I'm not sure that I have ever really remembered any resolution longer than the month of January. So, this year I set up reminders in Outlook to pop up on the first of every month.

Here is a list of some of my goals for 2010:

1) My friend Lisa gave me a calendar with one Bible verse every day. I am going to try to read the selected verse every day of the year. I read my Bible but not as consistently as I'd like. It's only one verse, will take less than a minute, so hopefully I can stick with this.

2) Exercise 2x a week. I wanted to put 3x a week but I'm trying to be realistic. If I was really being realistic, I'd probably put 1x a week. Hopefully I will be able to treat each new month as a start over and really try to stick with this one. I want to be in better shape and do this for my health.

3) Spend more quality time with my family - especially my kids. I spend time with them - oh yes I do. However, listening to Abigail play in the living room or kitchen while I unload the dishwasher, clean the counters, fold laundry, etc, is not exaclty quality. So in my daily schedule/plan (yes I have one and stick with it most days), I am setting aside time to really spend with her. Elsie's time will probably be in the evenings after Abigail is in bed and Abigail's time will be during Elsie's morning nap.

Abigail is catching onto things so quickly these days so I want to be sure that I'm doing all I can to help her learn.

4) Work through Bill Gothard's character qualities with myself and my kids. My kids are young, I know this, but hopefully by hearing these from a young age they will be able to really stick with them. Of course, their mommy really needs to work on these too. I mean - REALLY needs to work on them!

5) Lose 20 pounds. I'm reading through Thin Within and we'll see where it takes me. Perhaps this goal should be more of a "being happy with myself" goal but we'll leave it for now.

That's all for now!

No comments: