Monday, November 02, 2009

Drawing Near

Today was the first day of my last week of work - make sense? Thursday is my last day. I'm trying not to freak out. I hope we made the right decision (I know we did) and that we can live on the meager little budget that I have put forth for my family(with his additional income being counted on).

Trust and faith . . . right?

In other news, Abigail's cold seems to be ever so slightly improving. She still has a nasty cough and runny nose. I am wondering if she'll have a cough until next summer. Seems like she's had one forever. Perhaps staying home with me will help that situation some.

She has also been fairly challenging lately especially when home alone with mama. The girl knows that her mama is physically unable to do much. She has been doing things that have always been off limits in our house (cell phone, remote stealing, etc) and is doing it with an attitude! She grabbed my cell phone from me tonight and when I asked her to bring it back, she yelled at me "no". Oh dear!

She got up a few times at night this past week because of her cough. Thankfully her daddy took those and I was able to stay in bed. I was awake but still it was nice not to have to trudge downstairs and do lifting and fetching of water and cough remedies. I really hope this clears up quickly for her. It would be nice to only have 1 baby awake at night.

The little baby? . . .

I had a few very mild and irratic contractions this morning at work. I was able to still work, think, type, and answer phones so I knew it wasn't the real thing.

However, I did stand up to take one call and . . . .whamo! I was hit by a huge contraction. I thought my legs were going to buckle. It was one of those that hurts clear to your knees. I was sweaty and shaky and it lasted about 1 1/2 minutes.

Then . . . it was done. No more for the rest of the day.

We never really know when she's coming. Contractions could start any time or it could still be weeks (please, please, please - let it still be weeks away - I'm not ready!).

I'm not ready. Babies are so much easier to care for on the inside. I'm not sure I'm ready (or will ever be) for the intense sleepless nights, marathon breastfeeding, and caring for a toddler all at once - and all the emotions that come with that. As uncomfortable as I am right now, being 38 weeks and 3 days, I know what is coming. Yes, a sweet precious baby (who I can't wait to meet) but also lots of work. So, for now, she can take her time.

When I think that she could possibly come tonight - I get very nervous!

Okay, I'm off for my regular bath and bed routine. I have noticed much more significant leg pain and cramps at night if I don't take a bath before bed. I won't get this luxury much longer (for a few months anyway) so I'm enjoying these nightly baths.

No comments: