Monday, August 20, 2007

Yuck!

I have been hit hard by a terrible summer cold. Ugh! I'm back at work today feeling better but still a bit sluggish and achy (mainly my ear). I am now determined to find a way to keep my immune system boosted so I can stay healthy this winter. This was not much fun. I did recently read that pregnant women have a slightly lowered immune system, in order to protect the baby from the woman's body. So far, Andrew has been fine. I thought he might catch it but since it's been almost a week since I started feeling bad, I think he might be in the clear. I know I need to do better at eating healthy foods and taking regular supplements (besides my prenatal vitamins). The poor baby has probably been rattled a lot, due to my constant coughing! I've also discovered that the things they "allow" a pregnant woman to take for colds during pregnancy don't really have any ingredients in them that work! You can't take the good stuff! I tried some Tylenol cough syrup and about 2 minutes later, my cough was worse. Needless to say, I didn't take that again! So far water has been the best thing: drinking it, hot showers, hot baths, hot towels on my ear, etc! Andrew is getting lots of good experience being a nurse. His best advice, which probably has some truth to it, is to just relax!

I received my Mei Tai carrier! I tried it out with Casey the doll and works great with her! :) Perhaps when I'm feeling better, I'll get Andrew to take some pictures of me and the carrier!

Only 4 more weeks until we find out the sex of the baby!

No comments: