Thursday, August 09, 2007

400th post!

I have sad news to bear upon the anniversary of my 400th post. A war to end all wars has erupted at our house because I discovered this morning . . . our house is not mouse free! I actually saw one (the first time EVER) this morning, when I was headed to let Dewey out of the laundry room. Andrew was able to let it out the back door (I was still streaming in the bathroom) and he said it was very small. I cannot express with words the loathing that I feel when it comes to varmits of any kind living in my dwelling! I actually don't even feel like going home tonight! It is horrible horrible! So, we set another trap (I'm going to buy more at lunch, probably way more than the rational mind would conceive as necessary) and will hopefully get rid of them. I'm about to turn out a huge bowl of poison on them, but I am fearful of my dog eating it. Andrew theory (which does make me feel better) is that since I plugged the hole in the garage (where we thought the mice might be coming in) last night, the mouse today couldn't find a way out of the house. I am also going on another hunt today for expanding foam. Soon our house will be sided with expanding foam instead of vinyl siding. Don't put it past me!

This is WAR! I did not put this much time, effort, and money into this house to suddently have it invaded by the most unwelcome guests imaginable!

No comments: