Tuesday, August 07, 2007

He Came, He Stole, We Conquered!

We finally . . . . finally caught our mouse last night! I had set a "traditional" trap in the garbage pantry floor (we have a food pantry and another pantry where our garbage can is) and we got him. Things didn't work out as perfectly as I had wanted, because I was actually the one to discover the dead mouse this morning, as I was working on my crockpot chili for tonight. I admit that I am still a big baby about mice, so I screamed and ran to get Andrew to throw it away. I am hoping against all hope that this was the only mouse in our house and that we can block the one passage way that I think he used. It certainly was a relief to catch him. Maybe it will now be safe for me to purchase more rubber spatulas without them being nibbled on!
Special thanks: to Wayne who set the first two traps (although they didn't work), to Andrew who set the next four traps (which didn't work) and is brave enough to clean up any dead mouse parts, and to my parents, Grandma Myers, and Andrew's Aunt Anne, who all offered their cats, if we were unable to catch the mouse!
RIP little thief!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clever title!
We share the same feelings about mice...my advice is to set more traps...those little fellows rarely travel alone :(
Carol

Unknown said...

Yeah, I do have one more traditional trap. I just hate having it where I might discover it, and I know Andrew gets sick of me asking him to check the traps. I have felt so wonderful today, just knowing that we finally caught the bugger! Who knew that catching a mouse can make you feel so good?! :)