Sunday, October 16, 2005

Surprise for Andrew!

I can write about this now since the surprise is over. For Andrew's birthday, his mom decided to fly out here and surprise him. I wanted to be able to get him to the airport without him suspecting anything so he could be total surprised. So, Friday morning I told him that I had heard him saying he wanted the day off on Friday so I took it off for him, as a surprise. That way we could go to Wichita and catch some movies. I told him the only catch was that my boss had overheard me talking about going to Wichita and had asked me to pick up a prospective student at the airport. I wondered how this would go over with Andrew. So, I decided to also tell Andrew that all we had to do was to pick up this student and take him over to his relatives house and that he would visit on Monday. I also threw in that this student was a boy and I was nervous picking him up by myself! :) Anyway, so I got Andrew to the airport successfully on Friday and he even was asking me what the guy looked like and if I saw him. We sat down to wait in the baggage claim area and Andrew said, "Hey, that sort of looks like my mom." I decided to drag it out as long as possible so I said, "Oh really? Where? Oh, I don't think that looks like her." But Andrew caught on and was VERY surprised! It was hard to keep the secret from him but it was very fun to surprise him! We have had a very fun weekend filled with movies, shopping, and a birthday party with my family. I am so glad that it worked out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!!! Wish I could have been there too. I think Andrew is a hard one to surprise, so I am impressed by your ability to pull it off. I want to hear more - how were the movies - what did you see? What did you have for the birthday dinner? How was church today? What is the weather like? I apparently need to live vicariously through you all and that is okay with me! Hope it is okay with you too. Thinking of you big time...Love, Linda :)

Unknown said...

We saw: Serenity, Elizabethtown, In Her Shoes, and Flightplan. My favorite was Elizabethtown but they were all enjoyable. We went out to Abeulos (not sure on the spelling) for Andrew's birthday dinner. Saturday night my fam came over and we had steaks and salad for supper. Then on Sunday we had a yummy cheese fondue. Church was great. The sermon was inspirational as usual. I just wish the worship were a little bit more energized. The weather has been so very beautiful. Sunny and in the seventies and eighties. I hope this holds out for homecoming. We wish you could have come to celebrate the birthdays. Hopefully we can all be together next year for the birthdays!

Anonymous said...

It was great fun surprising Andrew and we had a fantastic weekend! I was sorry to come home so soon.
Susan