Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It should be going away now!

I am 13 weeks along today. I am waiting for some sign that my morning sickness has passed, but so far, no such luck because I lost my supper last night and well . . . 1/2 of my breakfast this morning. I've also begun having sinus headaches constantly. Some days are worse than others. I've read that this can happen more frequently because of tissue being more inflammed because of Estrogen. Despite all of this, I still feel so thrilled that this is happening to me. Even though this is a common experience for women, I still feel like it is a miracle! I just keep telling myself that the sickness should only last a few more days and that seems to get me through.

On Sunday, our pastor challenged us to fast from something this week, although not necessarily a food fast, and take that time to quiet our lives down and spend more time praying. So, I decided to give up TV for the week. I generally don't watch all that much TV to begin with (or I didn't think so). Last night, since I didn't turn on the TV, I was able to get some reading done, actually cook supper and fold and put away the laundry. I even felt like I had time to rest and relax as well. Many times I don't feel like I have enough time to get things done, but when I look back on the day, I will have wasted hours watching TV or a movie, not necessarily with a purpose, but just flipping through the channels for a moment and getting hooked on something. It will be interesting to see if I can be more rested this week, just by giving up TV, something that I felt before was "relaxing". Andrew is fasting from playing computer chess this week, which I was thrilled to hear, as that should free up some extensive time in his schedule!!

I'm off to work now!

No comments: