Friday, July 06, 2007

Big Projects!

It's a new record! We've lived in our house about 4 1/2 months and we have already started working on it again! Of course, we have somewhat of a deadline, since we need a spot for the new little person that will be living with us in February. We started priming the walls and ceiling in the baby's room last night. I know that some people say not to paint during pregnancy, but I asked my mid-wife and she said it was fine, as long as the room was properly ventilated . . . so we opened the windows. I was also careful not to get any paint on my skin, which if you know me well, you know is a pretty big accomplishment! I also got out of cleaning out the rollers. We got the whole room primed (Andrew did the ceiling) and I went and bought the paint today. It is going to be a cheery yellow. Even though we plan to find out the sex of the baby, I think it sounds annoying to have to repaint that room, if additional children happen to be of the opposite sex! So, we're going with yellow and if it's a boy, the room will have blue accents, and a girl will, obviously, have pink accents. Both colors will look great with yellow.

Our biggest obstacle when trying to finish our upstairs it the cost of carpeting! We want to get the same stuff we have downstairs, since we love it, but it was pretty expensive. I guess I need to actually get a quote before I rule out being able to dig into savings to afford carpet right now. It would be nice to move up there soon! Hopefully the main cost downstairs was running the carpet down the stairs and around our winder step! I think I will go call the carpet guy right now for a quote. I have been talking to several plumbers to see if we can get someone to hook up our tub in the upstairs bathroom. It needs a drain, faucet, and shower run. One guy said $425 which sounds incredibly high! If it is going to be that high, Andrew would do the work himself. It will just save an enormous effort to have someone come in and do that part. The rest of the plumbing should be simpler. I do feel a bit overwhelmed by the thought of priming and painting the master bedroom (which is HUGE) myself, so if you live in the area (hint, hint) and want to help us paint, please let me know, and I'll let you know when we are doing it! :)

Ok, I'm ahead for a usual Friday, probably because I've begun to feel better, but I'd still better get back to work. I still gagged at my fridge and at the church fridge this morning but at least I don't feel nauseated all day! I hope it doesn't return! Happy home improvement!

No comments: