Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Doubts!

I've had this very weird feeling that is hard to describe since I first discovered my positive pregnancy test. I have felt like it all is a fake. After the first test, I asked Andrew to verify the positive nature of the test, which he did. Upon returning home from camping, I took a second test which was also positive. We took pictures and compared stuff. Yep, positive . . . positive! I was still paranoid, so I preceded to take three more tests (all positive)!! Of course, my husband thought I was nuts but that is nothing new. I continued to progress with nausea, and yes, vomiting, tiredness, irritability, etc. Deep within my heart, I still doubted that this could be happening to us even though my mind said it was true. I suppose this doubt is one not-so-subtle way of reminding me that this is my first time through this process! At the doctor's office I had another test and a blood test. After feeling like I couldn't tell anyone at work, until I was absolutely sure, I called the doctor (midwife actually) today to ask about my blood test results. She told me about all the other tests they had done (and all of them said that I don't have some horrible disease that will affect my baby, I'm not anemic, and my blood type is A-). She finally asked if that was all I wanted. I sheepishly asked if she could just confirm for me that the blood test was also positive. She said, "Oh, this is your first pregnancy, right?" Hmm, yeah, very much so! Anyway, she said both tests run that day (just a yes/no, and also hormone levels) very much indicated that I am, indeed, going to have a baby around February 5th. It's weird that after about 7 weeks of already "knowing" this, it is finally starting to sink in. I feel so nervous right now, as I now have no excuse not to tell my co-workers, which I am about ready to do!

Update: Ah, I chickened out telling my co-worker (the boss is going to wait until next week, as he is gone), perhaps I will later today! Why does this stuff make me so nervous? I need Andrew here to tell everyone, since he is good at that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always felt really awkward telling people in person--it just seems so out of the blue to just walk up to somebody and say "Guess what? We're having a baby!". Of course, Aaron wasn't always very tactful about the way he said it either--he told my brother this time "well, I knocked your sister up again". Good grief! So I just send out a cute email with a picture or something to tell people! Good luck! :o)

Jennifer said...

I didn't believe I was pregnant for the first month or so either- I thought maybe I just didn't know how to pee on a stick or something :) But yes, it was true!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! Jenn W, that does sound like Aaron. How funny! It's weird how this is all sinking in now, just because a blood test was positive, oh, and I puked again this morning! Yeah for me!