Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Viva!!!!

It is Fiesta time here at work. Actually, I'm not helping with the VBS (techically) but it sure has changed the quietness of this place. Its been great to see the kids and the teachers back here at the church. I just sometimes feel like closing my door to preserve the quiet!

As far as our house project goes, I made the trip to Hamilton on Monday to turn in our septic plan for approval with the health department. It took me one hour and seven minutes to drive to Hamilton, get the stuff turned in (stamped, cataloged, blah, blah) and drive back. I thought that was pretty good timing. The drive was good except I had to drive down Tylersville, which I generally try to avoid at all costs. We have a meeting with UBuildIt tomorrow. My hopes are that they are done with getting the bids and that they are ready to turn that big house building organizer book over to ME!! He he!! Ok, I'm crazy. Anyway, I also hope they got the stuff turned into the bank that they needed too and that we are about ready to get rolling with the finances. After paying Liberty Township, the County, the plot plan guys, and our septic plan engineer, we have been stretched thin (although our Hawaii money is still intact). :)

In other news, Andrew and I have begun helping Jennie and Maggie (Andrew's sister and cousin) sell their scones on Saturday mornings. While the getting up before 6:00 am for the one market isn't that great (I used to sleep until noon, back when we lived in KS), it has been fun to bring home a little extra cash. We haven't done anything fun with it, however. We are saving it up for a disciplinary tool for Dewey. He won't come when called and is starting to run out into the road more often.

More news, I now have three voice students. I got another call from a mom today who wants lessons for her 13-year-old daughter. That should be fun. That is more the age group I have worked with in the past. I am beginning to feel kind of pressed for time. I keep telling Andrew that I need to learn how to have fun and relax very quickly, so I have time to get all my work done. When I spoke to this mom today about voice lessons, she mentioned having lessons in the afternoons and I told her that I also worked full-time. She absolutely could not believe it. Am I really crazy? Sometimes I feel like I am. I don't want to be so busy that I don't have time for relationships and the important people in my life. Hopefully I'll have a good house update tomorrow after our meeting. In the mean time, I am always watching out for good self quizzes. I guess the health one was more fun than the city one! :)

No comments: