Monday, July 10, 2006

Things that I like . . .

1) My new cell phone. It's pink and I can leave myself these cool voice recordings. It has helped me to be more organized these past weeks.

2) Our land!! We have a very pretty view out the back of our land. Dewey enjoyed his little exploring adventure there yesterday.

3) Dudley Woods! It is a beautiful park that I like to walk in.

4) Having a subdivision accross the street. Some of you may think . . . "Why is that a good thing?" It is because I love to walk there. If you walk the whole subdivision about three times it takes 1/2 hour (that's my usual path). I've even been able to recognize some of the residents. Sometimes I wonder if they are only nice to me because they think I live in one of the 1/2 or 1/4 million dollar homes! :)

5) I like my car! It is small, quick, and has a good stereo!

6) I like the secretary at UBI. She is so nice and has been more helpful than any other contractor, or engineer I have talked to thus far!

7) I like teaching Sunday School. Yesterday, I was only kicked once, screamed at once, and slapped once (she actually didn't pinch or bite today) and only by one child. No one pooped their pants this week!

8) I like earning extra money each week at the Farmer's Market. I was about ready to set it aside and save it for something. After I evaluated everything, this seemed quite silly as we are still in debt and paying interest on stuff, so it will be deposited and paid toward something. Someday . . .

9) I like my job. It is so quiet here this morning. I have gotten so much done already today and it's only 10:30 a.m.

10)I like Grandma Myers' new mower. I am getting quite spoiled by the new mower.

11) I like the colors of our kitchen. I think it will look nice but I am still a little nervous, since I can't really see it. I need a free designer.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I must confess that I have been reading your blog off and on and not commenting. In other words I have been eaves dropping and before I went any further I knew I must make amends for that. I am sorry, Jaime! I will make no excuses (although, being me, I have plenty!!). So - now I will say, I love reading your blog. Even when I feel unable to help, which then leads me down a negative path (which I am very grateful to God about as I am learning how to deal with that particular issue of mine). I am very excited for you and all that is happening in your (and Andrew's) lives. Right now I am most excited about your new home and the beautiful view AND the fact that no one pooped thier pants in Sunday School yesterday and that you only got slapped/kicked once (no biting!). I am hoping for zero times on all of the above painful actions (and soon) but for now, only once is major progress? I didn't know that was part of your Sunday morning activities. I am thrilled that you find it so rewarding in spite of those things. That child is lucky to have you in thier life (all of them all, but them in particular) - unconditional love is being taught and received. I just really love your "what you like list" (and I appreciate the perspective on the subdivision across the street!). I also really like your "what you don't like list". It's important to name those things and then see if you can change any of them. Personally, I strongly believe you should go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and buy some new sheets. It will change your perspective (not that it needs changed, but it will make you smile when you get out of bed - into it too!). And I am not talking cheap sheets - they need to be 100% cotton, at least 250 thread count, but 300 would be better. I am serious (and of course this is just my opinion), but a good nights sleep and the luxury of good sheets is something that will help in all other aspects of your life. One last thought and then I will close - actually two. I am so excited for you that you are walking (and that you have new shoes to walk in) - it really clears your head and is good for your heart. Most of all, I am glad that you got to go home (also clears your head and is good for your heart). I am always so homesick right after I get back. Thank God we have a home to be sick for. Take care, thank you for blogging and perhaps I could walk with you when I come home? Love, Linda

Unknown said...

I did buy sheets! Yeah! I found some that were 100% cotton and 300 thread count (and cheap) at TJ MAXX. When I got home and put them on the bed Andrew said, these sure don't feel soft enough!!! :) He hasn't complained since. Sure, I always want a walking companion. I ask Andrew, in general, daily to walk but I think he has only gone twice. And yes, I usually have about two or three encounters with this particular child on any given Sunday morning. Her mom keeps sending her to my class so the child must be able to block out the large amount of time she spends in time out.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Oddly enough, the sheets do feel rough at first. At least, I think they do. But they just keep getting softer. I am very glad that you bought them!! But more importantly (much more importantly!) I hope that you are glad too. I am already looking forward to walking with you. And Mom said your family will be there for a visit at the end of July/early August. That is wonderful!!! When will they be there? As far as the child - I have a funny feeling that she is getting something there that she isn't getting at home OR it is getting reinforced there and that is why she keeps coming back (plus she is able to forget her "time out" time?!?). So how do you get mentally prepared for your Sunday School class with a child like that? You continue to impress me, Jaime!! And amaze me! Linda