Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My "Real" Age

I took a "real" age test today. Very interesting. It said that my "real" age was about 19.9. The things I can improve on include: not having so many stressful events in my life (oh, sorry, couldn't help it that we moved, and my grandpa died), increase my weight training to 90 minutes per SESSION, lower my resting heart rate, etc. I got points for having a good marriage, a good car, not talking on my phone in the car, not smoking or drinking, having good family relationships and ties. www.realage.com This brings me to my next point . . . .

I have really been praying, lately, for some friends. I have made several good friends since moving here (mostly through work and our small group from church), but they just aren't the type of girlfriends that I can call up on a Friday night to do something. They are older and have kids or even grandkids. I have really been praying that God would spend me a friend that also really needs a friend like me. It seems difficult to get connected to people through church because I already know all of the Sunday School people (and they are older with kids or grandkids) and the young marrieds don't really have a group. Anyway, I guess I just need to be patient and wait to see what God has in mind.

Our house preliminary stuff is moving along. We had a meeting with our septic engineer last night. He said that he should have the drawing completed by Friday. After that, we turn it into the health department for approval. I have also contacted a company to survey our lot. They haven't called me back yet. Once the survey is done, then our plot plan can be drawn and turned in for approval from the township and the county. We could be ready to go quickly is everyone is as quick as our septic engineer has been. I'll keep you up-to-date.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did my real age also...39.9 instead of 47.2 (my real, real age)
that was interesting...
I need to weigh less and floss my teeth more regularly :)

Anonymous said...

I am 14.3 according to the real age calculator...and that also includes the extra year I had to add to make myself old enough to participate in the questions!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You are quite healthy, Graham!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't much younger than my real age - 45.2, but I did include information on my past health issues, plus I don't exercise regularly!

Unknown said...

Andrew's real age was 25.2. He got discounted for his lack of seat belt usage and his lack of exercise. Grandpa Myers was 80.6. We thought that might be higher. Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Ron was 60!!! He doesn't exercise and he has high blood pressure that he doesn't treat....
Nick was a little high, but played with it a little and got it down by saying that he ate breakfast every day. So he started today...one good habit begun.
We have had lots of fun with this...

Anna said...

I remember how hard it was to make friends when I first moved to Sioux Falls. I'll definitely be praying about this for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Anna! It's nice to have friends, even if they aren't geographically close!