Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The House and Students

Well, the house project continues to plod along. I am hoping to get an approval back from the health department and get our plot plan by Friday of this week. If everything comes back to me in a timely manner, then I hope to have our building permit by August 16th. Right now, the bank is having a hard time finding comps in our area. Our house is considered a ranch style (because of the unfinished upstairs) for the time being yet it is more expensive because of the upstairs and the geothermal we are putting in. I hope this doesn't hold it up too long. It takes 10 days for the underwriters to get everything done, but we are waiting for the appraisal. We are also becoming increasingly frustrated with the county and township. They have told us several different things about the right-of-way on our property. We are now probably going to have to take out a few of our mature trees in order to build our house in the proper spot!

I am having great success with voice lessons in this area. I hardly advertised at all and now I have a full evening on Mondays. I certainly wish I could do it another night of the week as well, but I'm just too busy! That's all for now. Nothing very exciting to report.

No comments: