Thursday, July 13, 2006

The House the Schechters Built

I called our surveyor this morning after faxing him information yesterday. He said, "My, aren't you an impatient one." :) He was joking, of course. I explained to him that the plot plan was the last thing we needed before turning all our info into the county. He said he understood completely. He said that they were planning on sending a team to survey only what was needed for the plot plan (will save us money) tomorrow! He said the plot plan will probably be done by the end of next week! Anyway, I was anticipating a much longer wait. After that is finished, we will be getting everything cleared through the county and township offices. I spoke to a guy at the heath department and I realize that a lot of this government stuff is pretty crazy. We essentially have to get approved twice by the health department. One is an initial approval and the second is a release. Of course, they both cost money. I am hoping to be done with all the approvals from the county and township by August 14th. That might be a pretty hard goal to reach but we can always try. Realistically, I am hoping we will have our basement dug by the 1st of September. We have a UBI meeting next Wednesday to discuss the cost breakdown of our house, which is the final step of Phase 1; Phase 2 being the building Phase. Yeah!

No comments: