Sunday, September 25, 2005

I have my doubts!

I have really been having my doubts lately. I don't think that I got the job. First of all, I don't have much experience (besides a few summers and volunteer) for the position at that church. Second of all, I will have to move to take the job. These are two things they will probably consider. Third of all, I only have my Bachelor's degree. Many churches these days are looking for someone with their Master's degree. Also, I don't know anyone in the church. Usually those things really play a big part in getting a job somewhere. Anyway, it doesn't help that I had a dream last night that I got an email from them saying those exact things. Oh well, what will be will be. I am prepared for either answer but like I said, I am beginning to have my doubts about actually getting the job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are plenty qaulified for the job from reading your blog. I bet you just had that dream because the exact opposite is really going to happen. That's usually the way things end up working out.

Anonymous said...

Don't let lack of education or experience get you down. When places look to post jobs they are just like any human being--they want the most they can get for their money.

You have just as much control and say in this situation as the hiring party and don't forget it! Make sure you are getting the most for your time and effort. And don't think this is a money statement. There are a ton of ways compensation is measured. Most of all make sure that if you and Andrew move you are getting a high quality of life.