Friday, September 02, 2005

For Real!

Well, my day was a bit crazy. So crazy, in fact, that I will only blog about it in small bits. So here is the first story that lead me to the craziest part. I answer the phone this afternoon and someone asks for my boss. I informed the person that he was in a meeting. Then the person proceeded to ask if my name was Jaime Schechter. I said yes. He identified himself as the person from the Wyoming Church. He asked if it was alright if he spoke with my boss. I told him that I did put my boss on the "No Call" list because I hadn't told him about the interview or even the position yet. The caller apologized and said that now that he looked closely he could see that. I gave him an alternate phone call for another reference of mine and we hung up. I was in a bit of a shock over this. I decided that it was probably time for me to tell my boss about the interview and let him know that there was at least a possibility that I could be taking another job. So at 4:30 p.m. I headed into his office. I was very nervous about telling him because I was unsure of how he would react. I'm not sure why I was so nervous. Things went very well. He understood that the job would be a good opportunity for me to do something that I went to school for. It has been a nice and quiet evening at home with supper from Haldon's and a movie!

No comments: