Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm feeling fairly short winded tonight. I have much on my plate and not a lot of time before I need to hit the sack. Here is a 2009 review. I'm just doing this quickly so please forgive me if I forgot something!


January: Nothing much happened. Work!


February: Abigail turned 1 year old. My parents came out for a visit.


March: March was fairly uneventful, except the last week ushered in a cold for Abigail that she would fight on and off for 6 weeks (or so).


April: We discovered that we were expecting another sweet girl in November. My due date was November 14.


May: We made a trip to Kansas and enjoyed a lovely stay with my aunt and uncle in Nebraska.


June: Another month of work and staying home.


July: We took a little trip to Michigan with Andrew's family.


August: My parents came out for a visit and we headed to Pittsburg at the end of the month for a family reunion.


September: At the beginning of the month, Andrew and I were able to get away for a little one night retreat. It was so nice not to have child duty for a night. I don't think I've slept that deeply since Abigail was born (or since that night).


October: I was getting large and ready for the baby to come. We took at trip (when I was 37 weeks pregnant) to Shaker Village in Kentucky. Andrew also had a business trip to New York this month.


November: On November 8, Elsie Joy was born after a brief and relatively easy birth. She was born in a birthing tub in Dayton. It was a wonderful experience. A few days after Elsie arrived home, Abigail became very ill with some virus and got her first antibiotic. My mom came to help out with the new baby. On the day she arrived in the area, I started to get very ill myself with a breast infection (not mastitis). It cleared up the day or two before she left!


December: December was filled with adjusting to a new baby, being at home with both girls, and getting ready for Christmas. The holidays were busier than I wanted them to be (what did I expect with two kids) but enjoyable, none-the-less.


I'm getting ready to write down some goals for 2010 and am going to set up monthly reminders on my calendar so this isn't just a one-time thing. Hopefully I will write about them and then at the end of the year, we'll see how I did! :)


I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet Elsie Joy giving me some of her first smiles.


No comments: