Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What a day!

I was going to go into detail but now I'm just too tired.

Abigail has been a challenge today, being super happy and talkative one minute and then throwing a tantrum the next.


From hitting me and her sister a little too hard, to not eating her supper, to throwing a tantrum in each of the two stores we went into today, I know we've hit the "terrible-two" attitude stage.


In going through all of this, I know that it is just her age - that it will pass - that she's adjusting to a baby too.


My prayer is that I will be able to calmly guide her to realize that her attitudes and actions are sinful (I know she won't grasp this just yet). My prayer is that I will not react to her attitudes and actions just because they are embarrasing or annoying to me as a parent. I'm not sure that makes sense but I want my reactions to her as a parent to be guided by my concern for her heart and sinful nature and not guided by my own selfishness (being embarrased or annoyed). Hopefully that makes sense.
How can this sweet face be so naughty sometimes?

I love this girl more than anyone could imagine!

No comments: